Upcoming phones: The future smartphones of 2020
With the pace of mobile development going so quickly, there's always something waiting in the wings. You caught spying on the latest phone no longer, there is curiosity about the next big thing. Let's find out some of the best smartphones with expected Specs, Cost and release date. These are likely to begin in the coming months and come from top brands such as Samsung, Apple, Xiaomi, Huawei, LG, HTC and Google. Smartphones such as the iPhone 11 PRO, Galaxy Note 10, Samsung A9 2018 (Quad Rear cameras) and the Huawei Mate X and the upcoming Mate 30 series are all showing what we can expect from potential smartphones. There are also modern gaming phones, such as the Asus Rog Phone 2, Xiaomi Black Shark or the Razer Phone 2 challenging the performance limits. Foldable smartphones such as the Mate X and the Samsung Galaxy Fold are yet another development in the near future to watch into.
5 Smartphones launching in 2020 – From the Top Brands
1. One Plus 8 & OnePlus 8 Pro: The Oneplus 7 T was launched in October 2019 and we can presume to be shipping the Oneplus 8 and 8 Pro in May 2020. The latest OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro will bring some upgrades compared with the existing OnePlus 7 T and Oneplus 7 T Pro.
The Oneplus 8 Pro is likely to be brought with a hole punch system identical to the Samsung phone. The handset will launch with a glass back design and include a wide 6.5-6.6 inch Super AMOLED display with an aspect ratio of (1080 22340 pixels) and 19.5:9. It will also cover with the Corning Gorilla Glass 6. Oneplus also unveils a new 120 Hz display that can be used by the company in the 8-series at CES 2020.
The company also unveiled a new Oneplus Concept phone at CES 2020 which comes with rear cameras that can hide behind the chromatic glass. Cameras are above average but not excellent on the new Oneplus 7 T Pro. Because OnePlus is now a premium club, they must aim to get the camera game up in the upcoming version of Pro. The Oneplus 8 Pro will come along with Quad-Cameras along with a TOF depth sensor, as shown in the latest reports.
This time, the base model would come with 8 GB ram and 128 GB ram, and 7 T Pro, like the Samsung Note 10 +, could have up to 12 GB Ram. The last major change will be the 120 Hz display, up from the currently created 90 Hz display.
In addition to the forthcoming Oneplus 8, 8 Pro and the Oneplus Concept, they may launch a new affordable Oneplus 8 Lite this year.
2. Google Pixel 5 and Pixel 5 XL: The announcement of the Google Pixel 5 and 5 XL is still close to a year away. Such as the current Pixel 4 and 4 XL generation not released in some countries but future phones are likely to come onto all the markets around the world.
In addition to using computational imaging to optimize machine learning and AI processing to select excellent images, hopefully in the next version Google will use Triple Cameras.
The second big update for the Pixel phones is 90/120 Hz display, offering a super smooth user experience. Another big change is the IR face camera for safe authentication, like the iPhone Xs Face ID.
Lastly, the phone will run on the latest Android Q, powered by the Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor and 6 GB of Ram.
3. Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 (5G and In-Display Camera): Xiaomi launched a new Mi Mix 3 at an event in China on 25 October 2018. The phone provides 5 G capability and boasts a whopping 10 GB DDR4X. It is planned that Mix Mix 4 will arrive in China in Q1 2020.
As per a leaked picture from Slashleaks, the Mi Mix 4 probably comes with in-display cameras. For quite some time Xiaomi has been working on camera software under-display and we can potentially see some phones using this technology in 2020.
The Xiaomi Mi Mix 4 comes through, almost bezelless, curved display. The bezels are fairly thin and even. The front side even has dual cameras (24MP+2MP) to capture bokeh-effect photos.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 Plus and the Adreno 640 GPU are driving the Mix 3. It can have DDR4 ram up to 12 GB and disk space up to 512 Mb. The app will support 5G and 4G versions. It can also have a 4500 mAH battery with wired 45 Watts and 30 watts wireless charging.
The launch date is not available but we can expect it to come in the first half of 2020. Xiaomi already releases the Mi Note 10 with a 108 MP sensor and will probably use the same lens in the Mi Mix 4.
4. Red Hydrogen Two: RED is known for making video cameras that give impressive details. The company plans to launch their second phone “Red Hydrogen 2”. They launched their first phone "Red Hydrogen One" which was a total failure. With the new phone company plans to revolutionize mobile camera photography as they have done with their first phone which was RED cinema cameras.
As Red Hydrogen One was a failure at every level, they want to brush off the worst experience and plan to come up with a much better phone this time.
The phone can come with the trend of the Triple rear camera setup, and can and two front cameras for selfies. It will have a modern 19:9 aspect ratio display with Quad HD resolution and may run on the software Android Q 10.0.
The phone will have 8 GB of ram and 256 GB of internal storage, and a 4000 mAH gigantic battery capacity. This is for sure that Red Hydrogen 2 will be expensive and is expected to be on sale by mid of 2020.
5. Xiaomi K30 Pro: On 10th December, Xiaomi launched the K30 and K30 5 G in China and, if the latest reports are correct, the company will introduce the K30 Pro in March / April 2020. As K30 and the K30 5 G coming with mid-range Qualcomm Snapdragon 730G/765G it can be predicted that the Redmi K20 PRO will come with the latest Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 processor and will have Adreno 650 GPU.
The Qualcomm Snapdragon 865 has 5 G connectivity and can also carry up to 200 MP of video recording cameras with an 8 K feature.
The K30 Pro will come with a Quad-Rear camera setup and will use the primary lens with the Sony IMX 686, 64 MP sensor. In addition, it will have a 6.67 Inch punch-hole display, 120 Hz Super AMOLED FHD+ resolution screen.
Xiaomi K30 Pro will have super fast 8 GB DDR4X ram and 128 GB of storage. There will also be Dual front selfie cameras with 20MP+2MP lens for brilliant portrait mode.
The way smartphone companies and developers are introducing new features and technologies every now-and-then, it won't be a surprise if consumers expect some of the features like 4k Bezel-Less Display, Artificial Intelligence, Augmented Reality, Seamless 5G Connectivity in this year 2020.